Sunday, March 20, 2011

DC Day Date

Last weekend, Travis and I decided we could not go any longer without the Texas Mexican food we so dearly adore. The closest location for that happens to be 2 1/2 hours south in Washington D.C...we were desperate! There happens to be a Uncle Julio's just like the one we frequently visited in Fort Worth. This INSANE craving led us to plan a DC Day Date.

Our day included a stroll through the American History Museum and delicious Mexican food. You might say we had enough food to feed a family of six. The poor waitress had to refill our chips and hot sauce THREE times and our dishes didn't need to go through the wash. I know you are thinking of a few animal names to label us with, but I cannot tell you how much we miss good Mexican food. The east coast does not know what they are doing when it comes to Tex Mex. For those of you moving this direction, steal some recipes before you move!

Here are a few pictures from the museum.

Washington Monument

Dorothy's Ruby Slippers


Julia Child's Kitchen

3 comments:

  1. What a fun date! I don't know what I'd do w/o my Tex Mex again. When we were in Seattle I felt the same way. Now we have it several times a week! I'll have some in your honor very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful date!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun!! Thanks for your comment on my blog :) In response to your question about my couch - it's the Charleston slipcover couch from Pottery Barn. I will say I was nervous about the splurge, but boy oh boy am I glad we did. It has held up AMAZINGLY! I've thrown the slipcover in to wash several times and it always comes out looking brand new. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete