I know, I know, this post is long overdue! I am not making any promises that the next one will be one time.
A lot has happened since my last post, and Travis and I are truly looking forward to 2011. Travis has been on the interview trail since early Novemeber looking for an internal medicine residency. Just this week, he wrapped up his interviews in Joplin, MO. Nothing is set in stone, but the BEST came last in this case. They offered him a position, but they could not make it official since the match is not until February 14th. We are both extremely excited, but nervous since we have heard horror stories about programs offering interviewees a position and then not ranking them in the match. Travis feels the program director was sincere, so we will know the real outcome in a few weeks. The position they want him for is a grant funded position for physicians who want to focus on primary care, which Travis definitely wants to do! Aside from him getting to develop his own curriculum and work in a rural setting for some of the rotations (all wonderful), he will also get an additional monthly stipend to supplement his income...YAY! I am super excited about the possibility of being 5 1/2 hours from FAMILY and FRIENDS, and the low cost of living.
As for me, I have officially completed my first two semesters of graduate school and have one and a half years to go! Regardless of where we end up next year, I am going to fly back to Philly once per month for class until I finish everything. I am also substituting in the district that Travis and I live in and working 5 hours per week in an Urban elementary school to gain practicum hours. I leave my practicum each week thankful for the conditions I grew up in. You would not believe some of the trauma these children have endured.
Travis and I are also expecting our little one on July 27th. The shock is finally starting to fade, and we are beginning to get excited. We posted the last ultrasound pictures on the refrigerator. Every time, I walk by them I think,"Oh my, we are going to be parents soon!" We will have a lot going on, our baby, the move, new job, school in Philly, but I strongly believe we are dealt what we can handle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yea for updating your blog! But even more so, yea for all the exciting things in your life! I wish nothing but the best for you and your family! I love and miss you, friend!
ReplyDelete