I have not had the opportunity to post in a few weeks. Most of you know I have started back to school for my Master's in School and Mental Health Counseling. I had no idea the work involved would be so time consuming. This program is night and day different from the one I was in in Texas, but I am learning. All of the people in my cohort are very nice, and I am looking forward to venturing through the next two years with them.
Aside from school, I am still looking for a job. Last week alone, I applied for 17 jobs. Something will happen, right? Travis and I decided if a job comes my way this week, we will go home for the weekend. I think we are both missing home!
Finally, the last update, this weekend I went to my first APOMA meeting. It was very interesting and amazing how different the organization was compared to ATOMA. The women are all very nice!! As of this week, I am working on a presentation to give to the Deans of Student Affairs and Presidents of PCOM and LECOM. My job within APOMA is to get each school to adopt a SAA. I am very nervous about this; however, extremely excited to give the spouses and significant others of both of these schools the same great organization that so many from other states are thankful for throughout medical school!
I hope everyone is doing well! To all of you TCOM SAA Alumni, I hope you are settling in to your new homes, locations, and routines:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Call me! I want to finish catching up and hear more details:)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are settling in fine yourself! Congratulations and I hope you are extremely successful in getting schools to start up SAA organizations. I am praying for you in your job search and I hope something comes along very soon :)
ReplyDelete